Thursday 18 August 2016

MAWTT - Clean and Simple

 Hello... Good Morning! it's time for Team B's challenge over at


I am hosting this week and have chosen the theme of...

   Clean and Simple   

I tried to keep things simple on this card. I left some 'white space' for the eye to rest, but it looked a bit cold and clinical, so added some embossing to add interest.. but not sure whether that was the right way to go, looking at it now! Looks a bit overload... Sigh! too late now! didn't have time to do another one... I've used the enamel dots to finish off and balance out the card. 


I hope you can pop over to our main site at MAWTT and see the rest of the Team's gorgeous Clean and Simple creations!! I hope you can join us for this fortnight's challenge!
Closing date is 6pm Wednesday 31st August 2016

Sorry, it's been a while since I last posted. To be honest I've not felt much like crafting or blogging. Mum is continually getting her allergies bad, where her tongue and lips swell. My spine pain has gone worse... the pain at top of my spine is now nearly as bad as it is in lower. Feel like my whole spine is falling apart. My discs are like falling dominos! :-(

I've been reading books and magazines on my kindle though, and have also got back into my genealogy. I've just sent off a DNA sample to Ancestry UK. Can't wait for the results. I'm wondering if I might be related to Richard III !!! ;-) ROFL.

I can't wait for Autumn... all those fab programmes coming up soon... Bake Off, Strictly, Cold Feet... and Poldark!!! be still my beating heart... I really hope he will be doing some threshing in the fields again! :-D
Thanks for all your lovely comments, I really do appreciate them!
Love and hugs

18 comments:

Wendy L said...

Hi Sue, this is gorgeous, xxxxxxxx

Christine Harrop said...

This is lovely Sue. I think the embossing really adds to the overall effect and it still remains CAS. Hope things are well eith you. Hugs Christine xx

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Sue, gorgeous card, perfectly CAS. Hope you and your Mum are hanging in there. Sounds like you have been distracting yourself with books and TV..I too love Poldark.. Cx

Pat said...

Beautiful CAS card Sue, I really like the embossed background. Sorry you are having such a bad time with your back problem, hope you can get it sorted. Definitely reading weather this week, but maybe back to crafting when the rain returns this weekend.

Pat xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This lovely card looks just right to me. So sorry that both your Mum and yourself are going through bad health. Hope you both feel better soon.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Janice said...

Hi sue, beautiful card in beautiful lilac. Perfect. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

cotnob said...

A pretty card Sue, lovely colours and fabulous design.
Sorry to hear that all is not well with you and your Mum, I hope things improve for you both soon.
I thought of you when I saw that Poldark was coming back, Autumn is always a good time for TV!
Pauline
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
sorry to hear you having health probs.
I do hope things improve soon for you.
What a wonderful card, and such a very lovely design also.
Love the butterfly it's so pretty.
Thank you for a great theme, as it made me do CAS card which I very rarely do.
The hot weather always affects my joint probs as well as the cold and damp weather too.
Your Mum's condition sounds awful to cope with.
Big hugs from my house to yours to try and help.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Sue, I love the butterfly and the embossing,I hope you are well.
Kevin xx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, I have that EF and only used it once, pretty colours and design.
So sorry to hear about all your and your Mums problems lets hope that you both fell a great deal better soon.
Had my Daughter over from Oz for a few weeks so I have been a tad off the card making and blogging and she has just gone back today so now feeling very sad.

Take care.

Kath x

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous CAS card Sue! I love that beautiful butterfly and your embossed background! I hope you and your mom start to feel better.
Sending big hugs, Tammy

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh this is brilliant, what agreat card, Love it. Im off to join in now!!! Love Hazelxx

meg said...

CAS tp perfection Sue, personally love the embossing, sorry to read that both you and mum are unwell, I hope both of you feel a little/lot better soon. Like you I haven't felt much like crafting (some bad news) but have been keeping busy in the garden and with reading. Take care Hugs Megxx

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

oh gosh hun this really is stunning I love the embossing it really is so beautifully effective and the colours are divine,sorry to hear,you have both been unwell hun, seems,things are going around, i have been ill this week too hugs Cherylxxxx

Pia S said...

I think your card is perfectly balanced and elegant. The way you felt creating this is something we all can relate to I believe, at least I can:)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Beautiful creation missus, I love it!
I hope your getting some relief from your back pain.

Ok so question for you whats Poldark?
Never heard of it & it sounds like you love it
Hugs Shell xx

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh hun sorry to hear you and your mum are unwell hope you begin to feel better soon. As for your car card hun its really beautiful take care hun love cheryl xxx

Babs said...

Such a beautiful card Sue and one of my favourite colours too, sorry to hear you and your mum are not to good, hope your both feeling better soon..

Hugs Babs x