Thursday 21 July 2011

Zooming Along!

This wonderful stamp is 'Zooming Along' by Lili of The Valley and it seemed perfect for this week's LOTV 'Fun and Games' Challenge and I was also pleased to see some boys/mens challenges this week as I have had quite a few male cards to make recently!


I found a few more papers left over from the Serif 'Spring in Your Step' Collection which was a freebie with Scrapbook Magazine. I made the sentiment on computer and added some 'manly' embellishments with the brads and bow. Quite a simple card but great image for male card!


Colouring: Promarkers
Bear: Vanilla and Tan
Helmet: Tan and Cinnamon
Scarf: Honeycomb and Pear Green
Goggles: Cool Grey 2 and 4 plus Glossy Accents
Car: Ruby
Car Metalwork: Cool Grey 1, 2, 4 and 5 with Stardust Stickle

The image is coloured almost identically to the one on my 'Born To Be Wild' card that I did few weeks ago but I think it looks completely different with these papers. James Bear certainly looks like he is having fun anyway !!!! LOL   

Hope you are all keeping warm! It's been so cold last few days. I actually put my gloves on whilst shopping the other day because it was freezing!! And is it just me or do the nights seem to be drawing in!!! 

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:-

Sweet Stampin - 'It's One for the Boys' (ends 22nd July 2011) 
Totally Gorjuss - Challenge 89 - 'All About the Boys' (ends 22nd July 2011) 
Sentimental Sunday - Challenge 64 - 'For the Men in Your Life' (ends 23rd July 2011) 
Lili of the Valley - Challenge 106 - 'Fun and Games' (ends 27th July 2011)  

Thanks for visiting and for all your lovely comments!
Take care!
Love and Hugs Sue xx

16 comments:

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Sue...and I'm with you..it's been freezing...grrrrr!

thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' and good luck..!

hugs Vicky xx

Lisa Jane said...

its not been bad here today - quite sunny ..
Love your card ..you know me and cars lol.. love the dark green touches - and fab papers
Lisa x

Lesley said...

Great card, I love the image, he is very cute! Thanks for visiting my blog xx

DesignerDiva said...

Sue your colouring is magnificent! Love all the light and shade on the car. You have rocked this male theme that most crafters struggle with!
I love LOTV images and was really pleased I got around to playing last week!!

It's been wet here but not cold but then again that could just be me - I seem to be 10 degrees warmer than everyone else lately!!

Take care, Hugs Laurie x

Anonymous said...

Oh this is gorgeous Sue! I like your choice of papers and the image is adorable.
Thank you for the link, i'll have a look later.
It's raining here but i seem to be hot all the time, must be the menopause :))
Hugs xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Sue,love your colouring.xxx

Debbie said...

What a super sweet image, just perfect for a "boy/mens" card. Thank you for joining in at Sweet Stamin this week. Good luck. Debbiexx

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Sue :)

This is such a lovely card - great image and lovely papers.

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Cheryl said...

Great card Sue, perfect male card.
Hugs Cheryl

coops said...

gorgeous card sue.the image is fab and great papers and design :D

xx coops xx

chrissy xx said...

Just Fabulous! LOve the image! LOve the 'greens' of your papers!
LOve the Sentiment. I could see the glossy accents on his glasses before I read it lol.
Chrissyxx

Delphine said...

Fantastic card, Sue! I love the image, your papers and layout are perfect and I love your male brads!
Thank you for all the lovely comments you have left me too:-)! It is still very cold in France, and although I do not put on my gloves, I had to put on a scarf the other day! I hope it is nicer soon:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

Hazel said...

Sue that car is positvely gleeming - I love your card. Hazel x

Squirrel x said...

Hi Sue! Popped over to say thanks for your lovely comment on my LOTV card and I am so glad I did - have signed up to Follow immediately! Love how you have used this stamp (I found it a difficult one to use), the colours are fab and work so well with those gorgeous papers. Brilliant. Hugs Sxx

xxxtglxxx said...

I popped back to say thanks for visiting my blot and LOL
at your Richard Armitage comment! :)

(I wish!!) ;)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Anonymous said...

Wow great card Sue. I love it!
Your papers are great and your colouring is so fab. The days are getting shorter. I don't know about freezing cos i am hot all the time :))
Have a great week-end!
Hugs xx