Wednesday 5 January 2011

Bling it On!

I was pleased to see that  By The Cute and Girly  have got a Bling It On Challenge, a good excuse to show off the earrings that I made myself for Christmas!  I wanted some earrings that were very dressy and different, and also a bit exotic looking. I buy all my jewellery findings from Palmer Metals and noticed whilst browsing, some beautiful filigree silver beads which I just had to have and so built the design around them.


I began with a Sterling Silver Eye Pin 38mm long and added beads as follows:


5mm Flower Bali Spacer Bead from stash     
4mm Sterling Silver Mirror Bead (glitters like a mini disco mirror ball)

Then using round nosed pliers form a loop at the top. Open the loop slightly to attach ear wire:




All the stuff was bought from Palmer Metals apart from the spacer bead which was bought a few years ago from a website called Julesgems that unfortunately ceased trading. I was so sad when they closed down as I bought all my tools and stuff from them when I first started out doing jewellery. 


Challenges entered:
By The Cute and Girly - Bling It On - January Challenge

Anyway, I hope you like my earrings. Not sure when I would ever wear them! Maybe one day I shall go to the Ball !!! LOL .....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it's beautiful! Love the filigree bead, gorgeous.
Happy New Year to you too.
Hugs xx
Pat

Sue B said...

Thanks Pat!

Hugs
Sue xxx